OTL 301 Post 4

Unfortunately, I do not know other faculty members in OLFM to interview and have decided to exercise the option of being fluid and flexible with achieving the stated learning outcomes by outlining points made by fellow faculty members.

Wayne Singular outlines his struggles with teaching a prepackaged course with predetermined assessments.  For me, the struggle here lies with how to implement and include many of strategies and practices learned through these three courses.

In Robin Hughes post, they include 2 key lessons learned in conversations with online learning faculty which I think will be useful in incorporating into my practice, these include (quoted from Hughes post):

1. Encouraging students to set a timeframe for completion of the course will be helpful and then following up, by email, with the students weekly.
  2. Teaching in an online environment requires more patience than a f2f environment.  Social presence is harder to develop.  As instructors, it is up to us to find more creative ways of engaging our students.